Monday, May 4, 2009

A Prayer I was Given

A woman on my discernment committee brought this prayer to our last meeting. I thought I'd share it here. The one she brought was written in plural (we and us) but I changed it to singular (I and me) for my own use.


Lord God, You who know me and the secrets of my heart,
Come now and fill me with the spirit of sincerity as I pledge myself to You and to the coming of Your Kingdom.
Lord, I desire to serve You with my heart, soul and strength.
I seek to surrender myself to Your holy plan.
May I strive to live within the spirit of holy poverty, living a simple way of life.
May my greatest possession be Your love and the love of those around me.
Help me to strive for excellence in loving.
Help me to be obedient and open to the mystery of Your voice within me, willing to embrace whatever You ask of me.

Lord and Friend, I rededicate myself to a life of prayer and worship of You.
May a song of praise be the constant melody of my heart.
I re-commit myself to serve the needs of those around me and the needs of the world.
May I find my salvation here at this time and in this place where I live.
May my union with those who share my commitment be a source of confirmation and inspiration.

Lord, I marvel that You, in Your divine wisdom, have chosen me to be the an instrument of Your creative salvation.
May all the works of my hands be leaven to make that much desired kingdom a reality.
Bless me now in Your abounding love as I promise to be Your friend, servant and holy minister. Amen.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is beautiful, Kristin. Thank you. I'm feeling so far away from God lately. It made me feel better to read this.

Love you,
Sista Julie