Saturday, December 13, 2008

Update

Sorry I've been away from here! The end of the semester is always hectic with grading, panicking students, end-of-the-semester projects, and getting ready for the upcoming semester.

But exciting things are happening in my discernment process. Fr. Charlie has the discernment group together and we're finding times and days when we can all meet. We'll start in January and meet once a month or so. The first three meetings are trainings with two "shepherds," and then the shepherds leave us to the work, which can go for as little as three months and as long as six-nine months. We'll be working together to make sure I'm on the right path. We might decide that the call is really just to keep doing what I'm doing, to be priest, or to keep going with the deacon thing.

The holidays are coming, and I've got a lot on my plate, but really, it's a feast and a party! And since I always go back for seconds at real buffets, chances are I'll be that with a metaphorical one as well!

Love to you all, and please pray for me and the whole discernment group.

1 comment:

Paul LaTour said...

Keep up the good work! :-)